My research focuses on pervasive and adaptive learning technologies. I am interested in how to adopt the emerging ICT technologies to improve the performance of e-Learning. We are now exploring the emotion evolvement during learning process and how to leverage emotion feedback to provide adaptive e-Learning system. As a board member of Chinese e-Learning Technology Standardization Committee and co-editor of ISO/IEC JTC1 SC36 project 12785, I am also interested in the standardization of exchangable and reusable learning resources. I am currently in charge of the constitution of several Chinese e-Learning Technology Standards, including Content Packaging and Course Sequencing.
2002~2008 Ph.D Eng., Computer Science, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China.
1997~2000 M. Eng, Circuits and Systems, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China.
1989~1992 Studied for B. Eng, Electronic Engineering, Xian Jiaotong University, Xian, China.
Associate Prof., Shanghai Jiaotong University, 2008 ~ present (Lecturer for 2000~2008).
Research staff at e-Learning Lab , investigated on adaptive learning technologies and learning technology standards.
Academic Visitor, Computer Lab,University of Cambridge. Mar. 2010 ~ (will be Feb. 2011)
Working with Prof. Jean Bacon in the Personal and Social Communication Services for Health and Lifestyle Monitoring(PAL) Project
Academic Visitor, University of Essex, UK. Sep. 2006 ~ Jan. 2007
Collaborated with Prof. Victor Callaghan in area of Pervasive e-Learning and intelligent home environment. The emotion-aware e-Learning work was reported by New Scientist
Engineer, Shenzhen Liming Network Systems Shanghai Branch, Shanghai, 1996 ~ 1997.
Worked on Network System Integration, Cisco routers debugging and installation.
1. Computer Networks (undergraduates, spring term)
2. Web Services and .NET Framework (undergraduates, spring term, taught in English)
3. Signals and Systems (undergraduates)
1. Shen lp, Wang MJ, Shen RM, “Affective eLearning: Utilizing Emotion Data to Improve Learning in the Pervasive Environment”, Educational Technology & Society, 12 (2), 176–189，2009
2. Shen lp, Callaghan v，Shen rm, “Affective e-Learning in Residential and Pervasive Computing Environments”, Journal of Information Systems Frontiers (special issue on "Adoption and Use of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) in the Residential/Household Context"), (Vol 10 No. 3, October 2008), Springer Netherlands, ISSN 1387-3326
3. Shen lp, Shen rm, “The Pervasive Learning Platform of a Shanghai Online College – A Large-Scale Test-Bed for Hybrid Learning”, Hybrid Learning and Education ,Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5169,P178-189,2008
4. Lu cp, Zhou jj, Shen lp, Shen rm,“Techniques for Enhancing Pervasive Learning in Standard Natural Classroom”, Hybrid Learning and Education ,Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5169,P 202-212,2008
5. Callaghan v, Gardner m, Horan b, Scott j, Shen lp, Wang mj. “A Mixed Reality Teaching and Learning Environment，Hybrid Learning and Education”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 5169,P54-65,2008
6. Ullrich c, Borau k, Luo h, Tan xh, Shen lp, Shen rm, Why Web 2.0 is Good for Learning and for Research: Principles and Prototypes. Proceedings of the 17th International World Wide Web Conference, ACM, 2008.
7. Davies M, Callaghan V, Shen lp, “Modelling Pervasive Environments Using Bespoke & Commercial Game-Based Simulators”, Life System Modeling and Simulation, LCNI4689, International Conference, LSMS2007, Shanghai, China, September 2007
8. Shen lp, Leon e, Callaghan v, Shen rm, Exploratory Research on an Affective eLearning Model. Blended Learning,International Workshop on Blended Learning 2007 ,15-17 August 2007, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
9. Shen lp, Shen rm, “Ontology-based Learning Content Recommendation”, International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning, v 15, n 3-6, 2005, p 308-317
10. Shen lp, Shen rm, “Virtual Experiment Services”, Advances in Web-Based Learning - ICWL 2005: 4th International Conference. Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v 3583, p 99-110/2005
11. Fu YG, Shen RM, Shen LP,Lei XS, “Reliable information hiding based on support vector machine”, INFORMATICA 16 (3): 333-346 2005
12. Fu YG, Shen LP,Shen RM,Lu HT “Robust image watermarking scheme based on subsampling，基于子采样的鲁棒性数字水印算法”, Shanghai Jiaotong Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University,v39,n12, p 1929-1932+1937. December 2005
13. Fu YG, Shen RM, Shen LP, “Robust image watermarking scheme based on subsampling”, Proceedings - 3rd International Conference on Information Technology and Applications, ICITA 2005, 2005, p 361-365
14. Shen lp, shen rm, “Learning content recommendation service based-on simple sequencing specification”, The 3rd International Conference on Web-base Learning(ICWL2004), LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 3143: 363-370/ 2004
15. Shen rm,Shen lp, fan xw, “E-learning content management based on learning object”, The 3rd International Conference on Web-base Learning(ICWL2004), LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 3143: 249-254 / 2004
16. Shen lp, fu yg, shen rm, li ml, “a Grid Service based Model of Virtual Experiment”, The Second International Workshop on Grid and Cooperative Computing (GCC2003)，LECTURE NOTES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE 3033: 710-714 / 2004
17. Fu YG, Shen RM, Shen LP, “Digital watermarking based on locally linear embedding”, Proceedings - International Conference on Image Processing, ICIP, v 4, 2004, p 2143-2146
18. shen rm, shen lp, wang dz, “an Agent-based Model of Virtual Experiment”, The Proceedings of International Conference on Computers in Education,2002
1. NSFC Grant: Research on Affective e-Learning Model Based on Multimodal Emotion Recognition (2009~2011, 1st investigator, Grant No. 60873132)
2. 863 Grant: Research on Context-aware Multi-modal Interaction Model and Key Technologies (2007~2009, 2nd investigator, Grant No. 2007AA01Z157)
3. Microsoft Grant: "Web Services and .NET Framework" courseware and textbook (2008~2009,1st investigator)
4. MOE Grant: Research on e-Learning Technology Standardization (2008~2009,1st investigator)